Wednesday 19 December 2012

Trailer for sale or rent...


Russian Visa - check
Mongolian visa - check
Chinese visa check - check
Siberian beard...check

And so it begins. After months 
of planning, dreaming, speculating and procrastinating, I'm now sat in the BA lounge in Terminal 5 at London's Heathrow airport.  I'm waiting for the gate to open to allow me to board BA 878 to St. Petersburg and, from there, China and beyond.

I have just read the note book given to me as I left - with strict instructions not to read until I got into the departure lounge - and am left amazed and stunned by the wonderful messages and comments written by such wonderful friends.  My phone has been buzzing incessantly with bon voyage messages from family and friends. I'm sorry that I've not been able to reply to them all.



Yes! I nearly turned around and came straight home from the airport, but I then took a deep breath, walked through security and...well here I am on the verge of an epic journey, some of which I have no idea where it will lead.

This is a short blog just to get things going.  Hopefully my next will be from Russia...with love!

No comments:

Post a Comment