Wednesday 16 May 2012

Okay, so here goes! My first foray into the world of the blog. So let's start with 'Why am I here'!  Well, having lost my life partner and my job in the space of a fortnight, I find myself facing a very different future from the one I was predicting in the Autumn of 2011.  Having had the power of decision making over the key aspects of my life somewhat ripped from my grasp, I now have to face a 'brave new world' that consists of being a single 50 year old man with no job and a black Labrador called Inca.


So, what have I decided to do? Well, start a blog for one thing.  Travel and see friends and family for a second and...well maybe learn a bit about this 'brave new world' and what it has to offer.


I've started formulating my plans for some short term activities and will use the next few months to 'find myself' and come up with a strategy to take on the rest of life in due course.  If you would like to follow this, then please feel free to watch my blog and see where life leads me.  I can't guarantee it will be well written, interesting, humorous or thought provoking, but I would like to think I can achieve a near approximation of those attributes.  It might even descend into dark and dismal, though I hope that it will still fulfill my earlier expectations.  Above all I hope that other people can take something from my experiences that will help them to handle their own demons and see life in a positive and fulfilling light.


Along the way, I will be learning how to manage a blog, so watch this space, as they say.  I hope that your experience of it is one that matches my intentions!

12 comments:

  1. Fab start - and I LOVE the pic! Will look forward to reading your future posts - really hope they include a trip to the Lakes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great start and will be following...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great idea - I am looking forward to reading it (no pressure)! J.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking forward to following your blog, Ian. I'm just about to become the proud owner of a camper van - so maybe I'll see you on our respective travels! Jo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jo. Yes, maybe! If my old bone can take the lack of suspension!!

      Delete
    2. Oh it's not a classic VW (unfortunately) but a brand new modern thing - hopefully the adventures will be as classic though!

      Delete
  5. I've never tasted elephant but I'd like to try some with you. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you SmallMouse. I know a Small Mouse just like you and I hope that she can keep seeing what a wonderful world this can be! No regrets! ;-)

      Delete
  6. Ok, so that's the first post done. Are you open to suggestions for the second? If so, here is my contribution. BH txted me that she had Blue Tits in her garden - I suggested she wears a vest. What do you reckon?

    ReplyDelete